2018.10.22 – SW-DV083 – Syncwire HDMI to DVI Cable, Bi-Directional HDMI to DVI-D 2 Meters
Please Note: I was given this product in return for a genuine and impartial review.
I was delighted when Syncwire contacted me to look at their new cable it was the one cable that had been missing from my arsenal. I travel a fair amount and this new cable would make my travels more delightful now I can connect my laptop to a TV/Monitor that use a DVI connection.
The cable comes in a two-toned coloured box, the top half of the box is white and the bottom half has a Cyan band around the box, the White portion of the top of the box has Syncwire’s Logo and below this centred in the middle, you have a picture of the product which clearly shows you what you have bought.
In the Cyan band towards the bottom half of the box, the product name is written in White writing. On the back, it gives you a brief overview of the product, specifications, features and the model number.
The box is simple by design and is suitably sized for the cable which makes it more environmentally friendly. The design and quality of the box give you the impression you are buying a quality product.
So, what’s in the box:
- User Guide
- Syncwire Bi-Directional HDMI (19 Pin) Male to DVI (24+1) Male – 2 Meters
- 12 Month warranty and if you registered with their warranty program online you get an extra 24 months giving you in total 36 Months
What do you get for your money?
You get an unbelievable high-quality cable; each wire inside the cable has a copper foil surrounding it, followed by being insulated with a multilayer shielding which helps protect against interference from external electrical noise. The result is that it maintains the integrity and purity of digital signals. They are further covered in a 1mm thick PVC (80p) packet to ensure longer service life.
The DVI and HDMI connectors are Gold-plated, anti-Oxidation and anti-Rust Copper which enhances durability. They can be plugged and unplugged more than 10,000 times! (according to Syncwire).
• DVI connector is backwards compatible with DVI-D and DVI-I signals
• Bi-directional Data Transfers – can be used to connect HDMI to DVI or DVI to HDMI
• HDMI 2.0 Connector for all 2.0 Standards devices as well as being backwards compatible with previous HDMI Standards (v1.4 & v1.3)
• It can be used to connect your computer or DVI-equipped device to an HDMI-equipped HDTV or display. Watch videos from your laptop on your large-screen HDTV
Display Resolution up to 1080P:
• Wide-angle 21:9 video aspect ratios
• 1K HD 720p (1280*720) at 30hz -240hz
• 2K Full HD 1080p (1920 × 1080) at 30hz – 60hz
Compatible with most HDMI & DVI devices such as but not limited to:
Apple TV, HDTV, Blu-Ray Player, PS4, PS3, Roku, Xbox 360, DVD, Monitor, Projectors
If you’re after a DVI to HDMI or HDMI to DVI cable that is made to the highest standards and enjoy high-quality picture & sound, then this is the cable for you. However, Syncwire only does two lengths 2 meters or 3 meters so if your after and shorter or longer cable you’re going to have to buy from a different brand.
The cable performs well and fits snug in the DVI and HDMI sockets and is backed by a long warranty 36 Months. (provided you register your purchase online) As far as I can see, there are no negative points that I can share (Which is good of course).
With Syncwire products, you can be sure quality comes first and if you do happen to have an issue, they are on hand to resolve them.